Camp Mini Ha Ha - Day Four

I've had a productive day working on the interior of the roombox, but it's very clear that I will not be finishing this project in the allotted time.  Î had hope to do so because of the amount of unfinished projects I have at home now.  I wanted to go home with a completed roombox, but it will not happen unfortunately.

I did get a lot of work done on the wall of shelving and desk.  I still have to build the drawers and cubbies for the top of the desk, but this can be done at home.  Here is the shelving unfinished and before I added the top shelves.


You can see the library ladder we built in the next shot.  Just have to add the brass rail to the top of the bookcases.


Alł the walls we'll be paneled and I've decided the panels will be a faux burled wood.  So I've applied the stain to the gatorboard in a sponged effect to mimic burlling.  I still have to add the wood strips to build the moldings around the panels.  The bookcases have their first coat of stain in the shot below.  I can see in the desk knee hole where I need to add more "burlling" effect.  

We also added a fake wall for the window and a background scene with back lighting.  The lighting is not on in this shot.


Second shot without flash.


I played around with different panelling effects, testing out the area above the bookcase.  This will be the look of the panelling, but I did have to make adjustments to the panels on the area above the bookcases later.  More on this tomorrow.


Close up of my first experimenting with the panelling.



We had another exchange of tidbits at lunchtime and a gift exchange this evening, but I've yet to photgraph those items.

I've been working with a wonderful group of people this week.  The ideas and help people share here is wonderful.  Even better are the smiles and laughter.  Î laughed so hard at times today that I had no eye makeup left on and my belly ached from the laughter.  It's all good.

If anyone ever gets an opportunity to go to Camp Mini Ha Ha in the future, don't pass on the chance, you will not forget it!  They even offer a scholarship program to help those wishing to attend.

Until the next time....
From Camp Mini Ha Ha......

Wanda


Comments

  1. This looks like it was a lot of work but also a Whole Lot of Fun too! I think that you will have even MORE FUN, when you get this room box home and begin filling it up!
    Well done so far :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Wanda,
    It really is a beautiful room. You have done a fantastic job building it!
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts